- Installing Oracle binaries and Create databases of version 9i,10g,11g on Operating system e.g. Linux,Hp-Ux
- Developing UNIX shell scripts to automate database specific activities such as RMAN backups and Database health checks
- Performing Database backups using utilities like, Export/Import, RMAN, Data Pump, Sql*Loader.
- Upgrading and Migrating Oracle databases from 9i, 10g to 11gR2 versions
- Performance tuning using AWR, ASH & Statspack Report.
- Performing database refresh activities using RMAN and expdp utilities.
- Database alert management using HP-OVIO.
- Building standby databases and Data guard Brokers
- Participating in yearly Disaster Recovery activities
- Implementing SOX controls in SOX regulated databases
- Working with business to understand the database changes and database design
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is a must.back